Characters: Hiyori Tomoe, Touri Himemiya, and Yuzuru Fushimi
Location: Garden Terrace
Unlock: During the special campaign introducing Reimei Academy for the upcoming Kiseki story
- ‘Bocchama' is what Yuzuru calls Touri; it's equivalent to 'Young Master'/'Young Lord'/'Little Master'.
- 'Dysgeusia’ is a taste disorder.
- When Yuzuru says that nobility do not understand the feelings of those beneath them, the literal meaning here for nobility is ‘those who reside above the clouds’ and those beneath are ‘dogs’.
- ‘He who touches pitch shall be defiled therewith’ is the original line Yuzuru uses to warn Touri against becoming someone like Hiyori. It’s an allusion to Ecclesiasticus 13:1 in the 1611 version of the King James Bible.
- Check Hiyori’s Part 1 sub-story for translation notes on his character :)
Hiyori insulting Touri:
- ‘Suckerfish’ or commonly known as ‘remoras’ are fish that have fins used like suction cups to adhere to larger marine life. They then act as hosts for the suckerfish, providing all sorts of benefits. You get where Hiyori is going with this analogy…
- ‘Nouveau riche’ is the fancy way of saying ‘new money’. Amongst wealthy families in high society, coming from ‘new money’ wasn’t as impressive as ‘old money’ because you essentially had to work for it as opposed to being born into it. Only the really pretentious and snobby aristocrats still subscribe to this belief.
The Japanese title for this sub-story is “Ohii-san to Issho”:
- 1) “Together with Ohii-san” – from Jun’s perspective as he is the only one to refer to Hiyori as ‘Ohii-san’; however, he does not appear in the story and is only mentioned in passing.
- 2) “Same as Ohii-san” – after having read the story, you’ll understand why I went with this in the end because it suits the content of the story since it addresses the subject of nobility between Hiyori and Touri.
- 3) ‘Ohii-san’ is Jun’s sarcastic name for Hiyori. It’s the same as ‘ohime-san’, meaning ‘princess’. That being said, ‘hime’ is also the first part in ‘Himemiya’ (Touri’s surname).
Thanks a bunch to Berry (@berryknights) for providing the screenshots because I was too lazy to do it myself; you're the real MVP!! :'D
( Read more... )
End of Hiyori Tomoe: Same as Ohii-san